Monday, December 19, 2011

You'll shoot your eye out!

For the last few weeks I've felt like the little kid from A Christmas Story.  All he wants for Christmas is a Red Ryder Beebee Gun and everyone, I mean EVERYONE shoots him down.  His parents, his teachers, even Santa Claus tells him that he can't have the beebee gun because he'll "shoot his eye out."

What I wanted for Christmas won't cause any optical damage but... everyone said I wasn't going to get it.  I have wanted a Kindle for years.  My grandparents were going to give me one for my college graduation but they gave me money to buy it instead and... let's just say I didn't spend the money on the Kindle.  So when the Kindle Fire came out this fall I was in love.  Now really, I want an iPad... but... I'm super poor.  So I can't afford one and I know there is NO WAY my parents love me enough have the extra money to buy me an iPad for Christmas.  But the Kindle Fire is way cheaper than the iPad... and I wanted it... really really bad.  I've been texting my dad about it for months.  When I realized that they were selling them at Target I called up my parents to let them know that they didn't have to buy it on the internet (my parents aren't online shoppers).  I have been wanting this thing in the WORST way.  Last week my dad told me that I wasn't getting a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  He said it was too expensive.  I was like the little kid from the movie... my heart was broken... BUT... my dad's a liar!  I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas from my parents and I am so excited!  I downloaded Hunger Games yesterday because apparently everyone who is everyone has read it!  I think it will be very helpful with my goal of reading a book a week for the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment