Friday, January 13, 2012

Nothing like a bump on the head in the morning

So, yesterday started just like any other day.... I woke up and did not want to get out of bed... I hit the snooze a few times and eventually dragged myself out of bed.  You see, getting up on Thursdays is even worse than getting up any other day of the week because on Thursdays I work from 8 am to 12 am with one little hour lunch break blech.  I keep telling myself it's worth it because I'll be able to pay off my credit card debt and those pesky student loans and not be living paycheck to paycheck anymore (you know the dreded 'we're having pb&j for supper because I don't get paid until tomorrow').

I got in the shower.... but I don't remember getting out.  The next thing I knew I was on the bathroom floor in a towel and had no idea what happened.  I started screaming Wes's name for him to help me and I'm pretty sure I scared the daylights out of him.  He got me to calm down, called my boss to tell her I wouldn't be in and put me back to bed.  I think I got either a touch of the flu or it was from my melatonin working a little too well.

So I took the day off from both jobs yesterday... My first real "sick day" in my entire working adult life (you know outside of college jobs and such).  Wes was a wonderful nurse :-)  He went to the store and got me sprite and yogurt and kept telling me to go back to bed.  He even stopped playing Call of Duty when I got up because we all know how much I HATE watching that silly game.  He rocks :-) I think I'll keep him around. 

Today I am feeling much better, still a little dizzy if I get up too fast but I think I'm on the upswing!  Hope I am cause we have Christmas with mom's side of the family on Saturday!  And another first, I get to go take a drug test today... no worries, I think I'll pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment