Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Post Holiday Depression

Christmas is over (though the Christmas tree is still halfway up, no ornaments but I haven't gone so far as to lug it down to the basement yet).  The new year is here and while one should be super excited to begin a new year I feel a little sad.  I've found this often happens after the holidays.  I get so excited for Christmas and New Years and then it's just over.  Done with.  No more Christmas music, no more fancy food, no more people smiling and greeting you with "Happy Holidays."  I learned about Seasonal Affective Disorder in my psych classes but I think they forgot to teach us about Holiday Affective Disorder!  What makes it even worse is I realized the other day that I did not have a single piece of pumpkin pie between November and January :-(  Alas the sample lady at Hy-Vee was serving samples of Sara Lee pumpkin pie so Wes forced me to take one and said, "There you had your pumpkin pie."  He's such a jerk sweetheart.

Our New Years Eve was pretty low key due to lack of funds to return to Cedar Falls.  We stayed home and made homemade Indian Food.  I even made the Naan from scratch!
We watched both National Treasure movies and chilled at home.  It was quiet and nice. 

But now that the holidays are over I guess its time to get my nose to the grindstone on that list of goals I made for myself this year.  (Hey! One of them was to start a blog go me!)  I'll get myself out of this slump and get working on making 2012 a better year than 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment